Affiliated Departments and Centers
Department of Radiation & Cellular Oncology
Prostate Cancer Program - Department of Surgery
Urologic Surgery - Department of Surgery
Genitourinary Program - Department of Hematology/Oncology
University of Chicago Hospitals: MRI Guided Prostate Biopsy
At the University of Chicago Medicine, we have an active and rapidly growing clinical and research program for prostate MR imaging and image guided treatment. Our patients benefit from our productive and collaborative multidisciplinary relationship with other prostate cancer experts at the University. In collaboration with colleagues in urology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology, medical physics, and the Cancer Research Center, we offer a comprehensive and diverse option for imaging and diagnosis of Prostate Cancer.
- Expert radiologists interpreting the examinations
- State of the art 3T MR scanners with endorectal coils
- State of the art MR sequences including high resolution T2, DWI and DCE-MRI
- Dedicated prostate MR image interpretation workstations
- MR guided biopsy capability and experience
- Experienced and friendly scheduling and technical team
Please review the MRI safety information in addition to the ordering instructions.